Miss Artist and her aunts and cousin made it here last night (we met them at church, so I fed them supper after). This morning was French toast and scrambled eggs for breakfast since yesterday's late batch of bread was forgotten in the oven... praise the Lord I got it out before we left for church! The Computer Geek cooked lunch today -- 4 pounds of burgers on the grill :-) Tim's sister Janice was in the early misery of a cold, so I gave her a box of new school books to skim this morning (Notgrass American Gov't and Economics, Apologia's elementary Human Anatomy - yum) - she's a school teacher as well, so we both like to talk/look at books. And SIL Colleen helped me clean out several kitchen cabinets. I'll have the Popper help me finish the others another day... maybe. My folks stopped to deliver some groceries and see Miss Artist (and the others) -- they stayed for lunch too so we had thirteen at table -- Love it!
Good news: my dad said his shoulder is feeling better just with the exercises they gave him to do :-) His rotary cuff is "torn beyond repair," so the effort is to avoid a replacement. The doc said if he gets a replacement, it comes with a 25-pound limit for lifting -- so that's more motivation to avoid that option.
The Cowgirl decided to join her older sisters for the trip to Wisconsin to see cousin Christy graduate from college on Sunday, so the Popper is feeling a bit left behind. But she and the Cattleman are out with Tim this afternoon, so I expect she's having a good time at the creek or something.
House progress:
The lighting order is officially ordered today. We're still waiting on the sample door to come in at the lumber yard before we make the kitchen cabinet order. Bruce thought it would only take a few days, so not sure what's up with waiting a week for a door from a company about 80 miles up the interstate. Tim has been shopping for flooring online -- guess we need to go to a showroom/store when we get the sample door to see what looks good together. We're hoping Tim's nephew, who should arrive here Monday, will be able to lay some tile in the bathrooms next week before he has to move on to his summer job. First we need the electrical finished/inspected so he can help hang drywall...
Speaking of drywall, I should go take a picture of the PILES of drywall that the five kids helped Tim unload on Monday (since I didn't have the camera to record them while working). 200 sheets of drywall. I was in a supporting role ;-) helping move the first stack off the trailer, then helping straighten the last pile as it was stacked in the garage... Then I came home and cooked supper... how's that for a supporting role? But the kids were pretty amazing -- even the Popper was carrying a lot of weight... again and again... and again.
Hmm, that reminds me that we could all use a chiropractor visit when the girls get home next week. Guess I should go and call Vickie :-)
~ ♥ ~ Have a great weekend! ~ ♥ ~
I keep trying to comment on your posts but for some reason the computer wont let me. When is your completion target date on your house? How neat that the whole family is pitching in to get it done.
ReplyDeletewow, you've been busy!!! glad your girl is home again! :)
ReplyDelete