FOR TODAY
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Outside my window... it's foggy after last night's rain, the grass needs mowing ...still (the mower has been giving my men some trouble)
I am thinking... I need a Battle Plan for all that I need to do this week (and the next...)
I am thankful for... my husband ~ I enjoyed spending Sunday with him, even if we spent the afternoon on a trip to Menards :-)
I am praying for... our little friend Ada who is having a nasty bout with the flu this week :-(
... my folks who are traveling today
... Tim & myself~ that we both might be like the righteous man of Psalm 37 ~
30The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
31The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
From the learning rooms...trying to wrap up our year, sort of. ;-) The Cowgirl is still working on The History of the Horse; the Cattleman is continuing with math and language; the Computer Geek just has Algebra 2 to work on; Miss Music Box finished grammar yesterday and is 'done' with geometry (!), so anatomy will probably occupy her today; the Popper is taking a break from math ~ she needs to learn more multiplication facts before we go farther with division; hopefully Miss Artist is reading some history while traveling home this week.
From the kitchen... yesterday I made two batches of bread, banana bread/tea cake, and some Cookie Mama Cookies :-) The roasts I cooked last week for Mother's Day are still feeding us ~ last night we had fajitas. Not sure what to serve tonight yet. Tomorrow I think will be chicken enchiladas since they are a favorite of Miss Artist who should be HERE for supper :-)
I am creating... a list of light fixtures to order this week
I am going... to SCBP (the lumberyard) to see our final quote on kitchen cabinets and hopefully a full-size door in our chosen finish
I am reading... mostly the Psalms. Someday I will pick up one of those other books on my reading list again!
I am hoping... God will continue to work things out with the house process in spite of all of the continued unwanted setbacks
I am hearing... the birds are singing this morning; the CG is tapping at his laptop (and I at my desktop); the Cattleman turning pages as he reads a book; the girls are strangely quiet upstairs ;-) (late night for us with a 3-hour movie ~ The Diary of Anne Frank)
Around the house... I need to switch laundry and rally the girls to breakfast... and make that Battle Plan for the next few days!
One of my favorite things... time with my hubby ♥
A few plans for the rest of the week: My SILs want to work for me while they stop overnight here this week, so I need to decide just what we should focus on (since there are no walls yet to paint...). Sweeping up construction messes inside and out? Packing books? Cleaning kitchen cupboards? Packing?! (It's difficult to imagine moving into a house with studs for walls, wires hanging out, sawdust and foam crumbs laying about, piles of building materials...)
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Tim brought home this maple tree on Saturday to plant at the new house :-)
Thanks to Peggy for hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Find more daybooks here.

When is the target finish date for your house?
ReplyDeleteI LOVE maple trees - I have a few here in the yard! I hope all goes well with your house too, it can be such a frustrating business...
ReplyDeleteJulie, we're trying to move in before the June 30 tax credit deadline. A "finish" date is something else again ;-) I was just telling Bruce at the lumberyard that our closet 'doors' will likely be curtains this year :-)
ReplyDelete♥ So thankful that God knows best AND that He is our ultimate Provider of ALL that we need. ♥ (My friends should feel free to remind me of this...)
And Felicity, the kids are excited because it's a SUGAR maple... I told them we'll need a few more trees before we are ready to tap the sap and make syrup ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by today. So enjoyed your entry today and went over and read your testimony as well. Appears that you are in the "throws" of a house building. Bless you!! I do hope you came up with a "Battle Plan" and that it all goes well. Blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny to me when my American friends and those whose blogs I come across talk about being almost finished with school NOW. Here in England we still have 2 weeks until mid term break, that's a week off then there is another 5 or 6 weeks of school after that.
ReplyDelete