Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

a ten-minute post

Can I do it?!

I should have shut this off a half hour ago... but instead I'll indulge in a quick update and then shut it off.



Tomorrow Tim & I shall order our kitchen cabinets - Yay!  But the real yAy! is that we'll be at the local lumber yard to do it!  woot woot!  No, Woodharbor didn't let me decide their May special ~ they still haven't decided!  But our local retailer for them didn't want me to get my kitchen from Menard's.  Bless his heart, Bruce called me with a lovely quote today, and I'm doing the happy dance (okay, only in my mind) ~ I'm so thankful to have this little desire of my ♥!  God is good ~ He would still be good if we had to order from Menard's or RTAs from Connecticut... But I'm so excited to have this bright spot in our week (okay, year!)

{the photo above is just to give you an idea of what our cabinets might look like... almost, but not quite}

Also on the house front, the electrical inspector is to come on Monday.  And the dry-wall hanger.  Praying!


Friday, Miss MusicBox needs to bake three 3-layer cakes!  :o  My nephew graduates from ISU this weekend, and my SIL requested cakes by Miss MB -- and Miss Artist isn't here to help and join the fun.  I decided to buy groceries tonight on the way home from church, so we can all stay home on Friday and get in her way be of some assistance.

Saturday morning is my niece's bridal shower that I'm to do the devotions for... instead of shopping at our city-wide garage sales.  (I've decided God is protecting me from additional s.t.u.f.f. to move this summer ~ what else can I do?)  Saturday evening is the graduation party.

Sunday the calendar says is Mother's Day.  My folks are still in Arizona due to Dad's surgery, so maybe we will have a quiet day of just us?  But likely the afternoon will be busy - Tim has an unending list to accomplish with house and cattle...

I'm sure Monday will follow... possibly with us trying to sweep up the mess at the new house.  I saw it today.  Ugh.  Think shredded styrofoam peanuts all over the place.  Mr. Electrician has been cutting into the ICF walls ya know...

Ten minutes is LONG gone and soon it will be tomorrow!  Good night and have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome about the cabinets :) Yeah!! Well, it will be nice to see YOURS up instead of the stock photo.

    Sounds like you're just a TINY BIT busy, huh?!! No wonder you're burning the midnight oil. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy, but wonderful week! So sad to miss out on the garage sales, but so happy to be sharing in your niece's bridal shower. The cabinets look beautiful-- can't wait to see your cabinets in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!