FOR TODAY
...February 15, 2010...
(Earlier this morning)
Outside my window... it's still white
I am thankful for
... schooling at home -- another 2-hour delay for the public school today
... my loving God who gives grace sufficient for all, even this long, hard winter
... safety traveling to church yesterday to hear Pastor's good preaching and teaching
... Saturday's bag sale at the local consignment shop which yielded a good supply of sweatshirts for my boys
... my daughters who love their daddy and his cattle enough to help me return the calf to the pasture who wandered out over the fence via the huge snowdrift on Saturday (lots more to that story!)
I am praying
... for Mrs. McCrum, a missionary wife in S.Africa who was seriously injured in a car accident
... for Tim who is out in the weather doing cattle chores and driving on icky roads
... for Kate Stoll (and her family) as she battles chronic lyme disease
From the kitchen
... leftover pancakes for breakfast for the kids (and oranges, bananas, eggs)
... beef fajitas for supper with meat cooked off of soup bones
I am wearing... warmth! a turtleneck and sweatshirt, denim skirt, socks & shoes
I am hearing
... floors creaking as children are waking and moving about upstairs
... the wind roaring outside
I am going... nowhere today, thank you!
I am reading... Philippians chapter 2
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory;
but in lowliness of mind
let each esteem other better than themselves.
Phil. 2:3
(this afternoon)
I am thinking... I should make an order from Amazon books since the kids want to get me the Handel CD for my birthday and the Computer Geek wants another Python programming book
From the learning rooms... our beloved Mrs. Howe is instructing Miss Artist via DVD about algebraic equations
Around the house...the youngers are romping since they have long ago finished their schoolwork for the day; now they are snacking on apples; they all should have gone outside
I am creating... stiffer sore muscles by sitting at the computer, but should/could be at the sewing machine stitching a new skirt for Miss A before she and Miss MusicBox leave on Friday
I am hoping
... that Dan & Jason are building a nice set of stairs at the new house today
... that we will have good weather for putting up the remainder of the roof soon
... that Wood Harbor will improve their promotion before we order our kitchen cabinets this month
One of my favorite things... Caller ID
A few plans for the rest of the week: Getting "a round tuit" in so many things!
- Getting ready for Tim's brother & family to come through Friday morning to pick up Miss A and Miss MB on their way to visit Grandma F and attend the Holiness Conference in Wisconsin.
- Completing the application process with Christian Care Medi-Share
- Sewing projects: skirts, culottes, more baby blankets...
- Devoting a few more hours on tax preparation (grrrr, which will likely include consumption of dark chocolate)
Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
(not what our kitchen will look like, but I do have the verse to put up on a wall somewhere...)
This meme is from The Simple Woman.

Hey! Thanks for the swagbuck referral points - I think I got 2 points by you signing up! :)
ReplyDeleteAlso , Julie McCrum (BIMI missionary) is the cousin of a girl I went to school with in Knoxville! I just got an update that she is sitting up, getting on facebook, and doing better than expected :) They are praying for NO INFECTION which is the biggest concern - and so far, so good (they watch for fever and such). Praise the Lord!! :)
PS Love the stove & the verse! Above my stove it says "Guten Appetit" which means something to the effect of "enjoy your meal" in German. Not very spiritual, but I like it! :)
ReplyDeleteme too, the verse is really cool. Your daybook is great - love the detail. I have been praying for the missionaries in S. Africa too someone forwarded an email about the accident. The internet is good that way.
ReplyDelete