Miss MusicBox and Miss Artist have a 19yo friend (Kate S.) who is really struggling with chronic lyme disease. They stay with Kate's family when they visit for Bible conferences at a church near Milwaukee, Wisc. Next week is the Holiness Conference, and Aunt Colleen planned to take the girls to visit Kate... now they are actually planning to stay with them because the S. family insisted, in spite of the difficulties they are going through with Kate's health. Sooo, anyway we found the cute little dish, and then my girls remembered this poem/hymn from a literature book and thought it might encourage Kate, who also likes to sing.
- A little bird I am,
Shut from the fields of air,
And in my cage I sit and sing
To Him who placed me there;
Well pleased a prisoner to be,
Because, my God, it pleaseth Thee.- Nought have I else to do,
I sing the whole day long;
And He whom most I love to please
Doth listen to my song;
He caught and bound my wandering wing;
But still He bends to hear me sing.- Thou hast an ear to hear
A heart to love and bless;
And though my notes were e'er so rude,
Thou wouldst not hear the less;
Because Thou knowest as they fall,
That love, sweet love, inspires them all.- My cage confines me round;
Abroad I cannot fly;
But though my wing is closely bound,
My heart's at liberty;
For prison walls cannot control
The flight, the freedom of the soul.- O it is good to soar
These bolts and bars above!
To Him whose purpose I adore,
Whose providence I love;
And in Thy mighty will to find
The joy, the freedom of the mind.
~Madame Guyon (1648-1717)
The card needed to be big enough to include the entire poem, and Miss MB wanted it nice (elaborate) enough to hang in Kate's room if she likes it as well. (Since we didn't find a matching photo frame to just put the poem in...)
Very cute! I like the birdie inspiration!!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm SURE Kate will ADORE it...the work you put into and the meaning of the song...quite thoughtful. Nice job!
ReplyDeleteMiss MB has a thing for birds ;-)
ReplyDeleteWe were wishing you were here with us, Sarah ~ we would have been thankful for your expertise and creativity! =)
What a lovely & meaningful gift!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet!! I'm sure she is going to love it and be reminded of God's love and grace and her dear friends every time she sees it.
ReplyDelete