Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Monday, June 16, 2014

overload {or the short walk to Crazy}

 

 

How to summarize life’s happenings here for the past several weeks?  Well, in a word:

Crazy. 

“Mom, have we ever had such a crazy May?”  I just smiled.  {‘May Daze’ anyone?}

I did manage a post last month about our trip to NC for Daniel’s graduation {here}, but I think I left out the fact that I also managed to lose one of Tim’s favorite ties on that trip.  So sad. {One of my favorites too}  Really I should have looked for a worthy replacement for Father’s Day, but that didn’t get beyond the kids looking online at Amazon.

I’m sure other delightful tidbits are missed, but here’s what else I can glean from the calendar and camera…

Saturday, May 10th the Popper {or perhaps we should call her ‘M the Brave’} went with the youth group to our local theme park Adventureland.  Yes, with the youth group from church.  She will be in 7th grade next school year, so she has entered the illustrious CrossRoads Youth Group.  Yikes but we are getting old here!

Mother’s Day happened.  I went to church without Tim because he was sick.  And we un-invited my mom & dad from dinner at our house.  Tim had me buy some rib eye steaks in lieu of flowers this year, which he did grill to delicious perfection.

The columbine and  lilacs bloomed.

DSC00764

003   005

May 14th Kate arrived HOME with Tim’s brother & crew {with whom we had a quick visit over lunch before they continued on their way}.  Abby stayed on in Wisc for 2 weeks of summer school.

DSC00765

May 16th we attended my nephew Max’s outdoor wedding ceremony and reception – with temps in the 50s but thankfully no rain showers.  Brrr.

May 17 – graduation open house.  May 18 – birthday party for another nephew’s son.  Tim thought Connor should have a copy of The Biggest Bear.

I delivered 10 pots of flowers to the cemetery in my folks’ behalf.  We baked cakes for Kate to decorate for a reception for yet another nephew & his bride on the 22nd.

DSC00759   DSC00760

DSC00766   DSC00767

DSC00768

Friday, May 23 we had our first summer bonfire out in the pasture.

012   016

023   025

 

Saturday we cooked pizza on the grill for the first time ever.  Oh my.  Why did I not agree to this sooner??  Yum.

039   065

069

The Popper and the Cowgirl began flute lessons with our ‘adopted’ dd Lora.  The Popper has also started mowing the lawn {and weeds}.

083

On Memorial Day we listened to a dramatic account of the bombing of Ft. McHenry and the writing of the Star-Spangled Banner.

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Tuesday, May 27, the boys brought the flowers home from the cemetery before we traveled to Wisconsin and enjoyed dinner out at Napoli’s with Tim’s mom & sisters.  Wednesday we moved Kate into a room at Camp Joy where she is working/volunteering this summer and brought Abby HOME with us.


089   087


091   092


 


And the month concluded with a piano recital on May 30!


095   107


 















But the craziness ain’t over yet.  The first half of June will have to wait for another post!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering why you've been so QUIET :) :) :) Definitely NOT quiet with your family's schedule.

    By the way, I'd choose steaks over flowers ANY DAY for Mother's Day. :)
    Loved catching up with you all.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!