Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Monday, June 30, 2014

happy homemaker monday 6/30/2014

 

Happy 36th Anniversary to Mark & Cathy!

{and 40 years since their first date!}

Happy Homemaker Monday

As I look outside my window::: potentially nasty weather in those clouds but so far most of it has gone north of us.  Just a little rain here so far today {after a loud and bright thunderstorm about 4:30am}
 
Right now I am::: still working on menu plans for the next several weeks

Thinking and pondering::: Remembering I was going to go directly to the post office this morning and mail off some Cold Care tea bags to my girl who is sick this week {and 300+ miles away from home}

On my bedside table:::   besides the dust?  a chocolate bar from one of the girls a while back {I don’t remember the occasion now} and books, books, books.  Started reading Frozen in Time yesterday, another historical account from Mitchell Zuckoff.  This one is about planes that crashed in Greenland 70 years ago. 

Listening to:::   an episode of Rin Tin Tin I think – the Cowgirl has been sick for the past few days, so the dvd player has been a steady source of distraction.  Abby & I stopped in at the library on Friday and brought home several dvds – Ozzie & Harriet, Courageous, Jane Eyre/Emma, and Floppy {a local tv production I watched growing up}  That got her started with movies, sooo out came our own Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Incredible Creatures that Defy Evolution, Rin Tin Tin.. and more?  She is feeling better today – and her siblings are also distracted –>I think it’s time to wean her off of these ‘meds,’ don’t you?

On the menu for this week::   chicken taquitos; beef roast; BBQ beef {with leftover roast}; ____?____; grilled brats, hot dogs & burgers for the 4th; pizza

On my to do list:::  I conquered most of the ironing on Saturday – yay me!   I really ought to make that quick run to the post office before lunch.  Contact insurance agent about both auto and home coverage.

Happening this week:::  Life on the farm, which includes more vet visits for the cows’ AI breeding.  Celebrating the 4th of July.

What I am creating {created & consumed}:::  probably our one-and-only homegrown strawberry pie for this year.  It was delicious.

001

 

My simple pleasure:::   having fun dolling up a recipe book for a young bride

009



Looking around the house:::  three kids are still watching Rin Tin Tin.  It’s a bit dark without lights on – indicative of the weather going on today.


From the camera:::  making Friday night’s pizza with our visiting chefs

003

 

Prayer List:::  Denise’s doctor has decided to stop her current treatment regimen as it has been too hard on the rest of her body.  Praying for relief from pain and continued faith in our great God.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:  Phil 1:6


Bible verse, Devotional:::

from a Nancy Leigh de Moss email:

  • If I have a discontented heart, there is nothing, no circumstance that can make me happy. 
  • If I’m not content with what I have, I’ll never be content with what I want.
  • Happiness is not the fruit of my circumstances.
  • Contentment is a choice. It can be learned.

 

007

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Find more ‘happy homemakers’ at Sandra’s blog – here!

4 comments:

  1. That Nancy Leigh DeMoss, she gets me every time!!!! OUCH.
    Did you know I lived in the DeMoss dorm when I was in Bible college (at Tenn Temple U) and Liberty, where I went for 1 year also has a DeMoss Hall?! I wonder if that is Nancy's family??? I'm guessing, yes?!
    That strawberry pie looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh at that pie, I missed strawberry season here this year and I'm craving them so badly. We do movie week's too when the children are sick here, it helps keep the whining down a bit. Lord what did our parent's do with us! I should call and apologize again for being such a 'brat' lol.

    Hope all of yours are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy Leigh DeMoss is a great source for me as well. I've read a few of her books. We enjoy pizza making nights here as well. We did them on the grill last weekend.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, I wish someone left chocolate bars on MY bedside table ;D Hope everyone is back to health at your house. And ooooooh that strawberry pie looks good!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!