Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

daybook 10/16/2013

 

DSC04584

FOR TODAY

Wednesday, October 16, 2013


Outside my window...

DSC00018

The cows are in the corn… and that’s a good thing.


I am thinking...

as much as I am able ;-)  …and trying to process it all in light of God’s Word.

{refer to this bit of brain dump}


 

I am thankful...

DSC09957

for Marcia’s chickens ~ and her willingness to share their produce with me us.


In the kitchen...

Yesterday ~ chicken packets.  Tonight ~ tacos.   Friday ~ pizza.  Sunday ~ lasagna.

DSC09939  DSC09986


I am wearing...

walking clothes ~ time to shower and get on with the day


I am creating...

If/when I receive gumption from on high…

a wall collage maybe?  Maybe.  I like this one.  Moo.

[Flower Patch Farmgirl]


I am going...

to the chiropractor in an hour!

to visit with my dad’s cousins from afar over lunch

to mail this little package

DSC09983

to church tonight with my hubby I think :-)

 


I am wondering...

DSC00020

if the Cattleman will be able to back this wagon back into its place by himself. 

Here’s where play becomes preparation for real life work.

DSC00021   DSC00022  

 


I am reading...

the clock.  Time for breakfast and moving on!

But I did read Tuesdays with Morrie last week, Lea!

Psalms, 2 Thessalonians

The Story of the Thirteen Colonies by HA Guerber

 


I am hoping...

the chickens at Mrs. Spear’s are laying eggs again soon.

Mrs. Spear gets new chickens soon.  Today she gave me a carton with 5 eggs in it since she’s getting one egg total from them each day.  Methinks the current birds will be stewed soon…

 


I am looking forward to...

a haircut.  Maybe next week?

 

In the Learning Rooms…

The Cattleman enjoyed suffered a lesson or three with verb tenses.

I really did hear him say, “Perfect.”

The Cowgirl had a few experiments with light to finish her latest chapter in physical science ~ Happily Tim was home early that night to help her while the Popper observed.

DSC09961 - Copy  DSC09965 - Copy

DSC09972  DSC09975

DSC09980

 

I am learning

DSC09968

to not be so fast/careless when putting the pizza in the oven… the hard way.

 


Around the house...

last week’s fruit processing.

DSC09941  DSC09955

DSC09940   DSC09956  

DSC09954

See the floating jar of pears.  Not good.

Do you also see why we call the strawberry-blueberry jam “Saint Blue”?

Most of the fruit flies were drawn into my vinegar trap – yAy!

DSC09944

 


I am pondering...

The Crucible takes place over 54-hours and includes food and sleep deprivation and over 45 miles of marching. The Crucible event pits teams of recruits against a barrage of day and night events requiring every recruit to work together to solve problems, overcome obstacles, and help each other along the way. [source]

And praying…

for Jon as he in the midst of the Crucible right now as he concludes his Marine Boot Camp training.  And for Jon’s family as they plan to fly out for graduation next week.

for friends and family with health needs, especially young Callan.

for the P Family awaiting news of visa approval.

for the Rettigs in Prague ~ an Evening of the Bible planned for next Wednesday in Kladno.

 


A favorite quote for today...

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Psalm 28:7


One A few of my favorite things...

DSC09991   DSC09999

DSC00007   DSC00008   DSC00013

 


A few plans for the rest of the week:

Thursday ~ piano, groceries, yada yada yada

Saturday ~ Tim’s birthday! 

He expects to work, and the teens have a hayride/bonfire; so we’ll celebrate on Sunday.

 

The Mother Load…

Bake bread for us, for Mike

Ship violin book etc to Kate

Defrost upright freezer

Defrost chest freezer

Make a batch of applesauce

Make jam x five boxes of Sure-jell

Scrub our toilet

Vacuum laminate floors

Catch up laundry

Catch up with ironing (just two weeks’ worth – it is still doable!)

Finalize an order from Azure Standard

Bake a cherry pie for someone special

Shop for birthday gifts

Rescue the gerberas before another frost nips them

Help Mrs. S. clean up her orchard

Repot aloe plant(s), water Abby’s amaryllis {Plants that live in the basement are on my mind while I am on the treadmill and unable to tend them.  And then quickly forgotten.}

Reconcile new bank statement.

Wash, rinse, repeat.  Yes?

 


A peek into my world...

The Cattleman helped Tim seed some rye over the weekend.

  DSC09949  

DSC09950

 

~.~.~.~.~

Giving credit where credit is due:

While I am not linking up with anyone, you could read more weekly news posts at other blogs by following any of these links:

  • Julie for adapting this daybook version as her own ‘Grasshopper Days’ ~ Perhaps I could call it the GHV Daybook. :)

~.~.~.~.~

 

Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,

that thou fulfil it. Colossians 4:17

2 comments:

  1. Oh, ouch! Good thing you have an aloe - hope the arm heals soon. Love all your canning (!) but I guess you'd better eat that one jar of pears right away.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, life on the farm ... busy in different ways from life in the city but busy none the less (and somehow I'm thinking in this season EVEN MORE hard labor!!!). But you'll be glad this winter - esp for those canned goods (my fave might be the ST. BLUE!). :)

    I have a burn scar to match your pizza-oven one on my right lower arm!! :(

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!