..that spoil the vines…
Is this really what the Bible is talking about? Seems like that’s how I hear the verse quoted… the little temporal trials that we allow to rob our eternal joy now. If so, the verse applies. And I am guilty.

Why does this machine leave me so frustrated?
We purchased a new printer/scanner/copier/blahblahblah last December. Sometime this year {summer methinks} the top feeder stopped working. Okay, whatever. Then we couldn’t copy using the flatbed either. :p The scanner wouldn’t work unless the computer told it to. If I didn’t have another printer in the other room, I’d have called HP sooner I suppose. {Anyone else procrastinate when the job is spending hours on hold to speak with someone in India…?}
I knew I had $$ at Staples to redeem this month, and what I usually buy there is ink or paper. Good stock of paper already, so I decided I should buy ink. However I didn’t want to stock up on ink for a printer that was dying and irreplaceable. So before I went shopping, I called Staples to ask what to do about this printer still under its 12-month warranty.
Since it was more than 60 days since purchase, he couldn’t replace it for me. He gave me the phone number for HP. After 67 minutes on the phone for their ‘free’ troubleshooting service, they had agreed I needed a replacement printer. Hmmm, a “certified” reconditioned printer. {fyi, “certified” sounds more like “thirty-five” -- which had me a bit confused in the conversation. It’s an Officejet 6700…}
Said printer arrived yesterday. An hour or so later I had the ‘new’ printer hooked up with the original power cord and paper tray and other transferred parts…and the old one boxed up to ship. {Soon, or I will be billed for the replacement printer. No refunds.} Anyway. I saw a message “Scanner Failure” when I tried to copy something as a test. But I thought surely after I’d jumped through the rest of the set-up hoops, it would think better of me… and work.
This is becoming a long story, eh? Sorry. Well, you can guess what I had to do. After too much monkey business I called HP again. And went through the 'free’ troubleshooting service to do a ‘partial reset’ [pretty soon I could work for HP too methinks]… while the tech hoped it would decide to work. Not happening. You guessed that already, didn’t you?
They will be sending yet another ‘certified’ reconditioned printer. {No charge. Unless I fail to return the broken printer soon enough of course.} Ms. HP Hardware Support Supervisor assures me the next one will of course work perfectly. I wish I had requested a coupon good for a NEW printer from my local Staples instead. Tomorrow I will find the FedEx Store in Ames to ship the first printer… Next week I’ll have to return to FedEx to ship the second…
And hopefully that will make an end. For at least six months?
Oh, here’s today’s additional joke… I opened an email this morning from HP Support with this request:
Please send us the original hardware purchase receipt (Scanned/Faxed)
Um, just how would I do that? My printer/copier/scanner/fax machine does not work. Oh, the irony.
# # # # #
Meanwhile I need to work on my response when asked how I am doing today by a service technician… ahem.
“Better than I deserve”
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ ~ Ephesians 5:20
Oh boy, I understand completely. We have 2 printer/scanner/copiers - a new one that works, and the old one that can only scan and fax, but not print, and isn't able to be fixed (apparently...).
ReplyDeleteMalcolm just bought a GPS to take to Canada, and when he got there it wouldn't work... He said he felt like throwing it into the nearest bin!
oh my soul!!!!!!! That sounds like something that should have happened to ME !!!! LOL Stuff like that ALWAYS happens to me (wah, wah, wah!).
ReplyDeleteWell, here's hoping you're copying and scanning at breakneck speed soonest!!!!
Your irony is not lost on me "please send us the original receipt (scanned/faxed)" ... a cruel joke, no doubt!!!
This made me laugh. We bought the same hoohaw and had the same experience...only I didn't call India. It is just sitting on a shelf collecting dust. When I need to print or make copies I go to the library. Much cheaper. Sorry for your trouble though...it is good to give thanks unto the Lord.
ReplyDeleteOh the agonies of technology! Makes me CRAZY.
ReplyDelete