…is under the weather today :-(
Those blue eyes are glassy and sad. Our Popper has had a fever for at least 24 hours. And the latest reading this evening was over 104F. Worries my mama-heart.
She stayed home from church with me last night after telling me how cruddy her throat was {altho it’s still not sore!} She slept most of the time. And still went to bed early – and except for a brief cry for help at 1:30am, slept and slept. I got her up for a tiny bit of breakfast {finally took her temp} and attendance at their video Bible class. Then she slept away the rest of the morning! This afternoon she was able to do a little more schoolwork while camped out on the couch.
Yes, I have our arsenal of home remedies engaged. Gypsy Cold Care tea, homemade elderberry syrup, oregano oil, cranberry concentrate, vitamin C, and thieves essential oil. Fresh ginger to suck on when her stomach hurts. And today she’s had two mini-doses of Tylenol {I don’t think I’ve ever given our kids more than a teaspoon at a time – tho’ that is the recommended dose for a two-year-old} I just want to take the edge off the fever, not undermine its purpose in fighting and killing off whatever nasty bug is currently plaguing our sweet Popper.
Her fever is back down below 102F now, so she should be able to go to sleep. With the diffuser blowing a variety of oils. And the violins lullabying.

Good night ~ Sweet dreams
Just stumbled onto your blog. I am a mother of 7, plus foster children. I have always understood to use tylonel incorrectly does more harm than good to your child. If she is burning with fever, give her the proper dose to get the fever down, then use our home remedies to cure the cause. but, never play with a fever and medication!!
ReplyDeleteJust a concerned mom:)
Poor little Popper!! I hope she's over whatever soon.
ReplyDeleteHope your precious girl is back on the mend.
ReplyDeleteI don't comment here often so may I just comment on the gorgeous family photo at the top. Just beautiful!
:( awww, so tough to see our kids be so sick and miserable ... hoping she'll find relief soon - and no doubt is finding comfort in the ministrations of her mama even now!
ReplyDelete