It’s 11am, I have laundry and bread started. {Kids sound busy with school and piano practice.} Do you think I can write a blog post at the same time? : )
I am {We are} so thankful to have the grain mill back. I had to send in the motor for repair after it went CLUNK and gave up the ghost a couple weeks ago. I can’t say it’s as good as new however; it still seems slower than it should be, but I’m content if it will just keep working. I am also thankful we had use of the Vitamix to do a few cups of flour here and there, but the grain mill returned in time to bake bread earlier this week ~ yay!
It is GOOD FRIDAY! I must be getting old or just too busy with trivial things? I struggle to feel ‘ready’ for any holiday. Our weather has been so wacky this spring, I’d like to lay a little blame there too – And our menu for Sunday will reflect the idea that I’m more ‘ready’ for Memorial Day than Easter! {crazy?!} We are planning to host a couple homeless college students for a casual dinner ~ Tim will grill burgers and turkey tenderloins.
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
We had our Easter cantata this last Sunday evening {Palm Sunday}. Tim and I were asked to read the scripture passages chosen, so our entire family was involved!
This Sunday we are having an Easter breakfast, so we will need to be out the driveway by 7am.
The crucifixion did not become common in art until all who had seen a real one had died off. -CS Lewis {quoted here}
…Let’s think on that while I switch laundry and shape the bread loaves…
~ + ~ + ~ + ~
In other trivial news this week…
I have been dreaming of a green lawn while ordering plants and trees ~ and even put a few things in the ground! {just in time for a return to freezing temps – oops!}
I was reminded how much I love to draw stuff on graph paper! I guess I was slightly burned out on sketching floor plans back before we build the house… ahem.
This was my view this morning from the treadmill ~ love those gerbera daisies! And I’m so eager to put most of these plants back outside!
I stitched a few flannel blankets… then wrapped them up before I thought to take pictures!
After a phone call one evening from my aunt, it occurred to me that IT’s APRIL! and I needed to finish our bzillion tax returns [and then remove that pile of paperwork from this desk!] I’m happy to report that they are signed, sealed, delivered... Well, not quite, since I won’t send the IRS or the State of Iowa any money until I have to! But the paperwork is done for this year and ready to mail.
And finally ~ since it’s LUNCHTIME ~ a quick look at some of our industrious students who are just thrilled to be featured on the blog…
Here’s another boy, who was busy observing and chatting with the yearling calves…
…much more to catch up with… another day!
What a fun post. I loved seeing all that is going on.
ReplyDeleteI love the colors you picked for the flannel blankets. Those are the best gifts.
I would love a grain mill but I do enjoy my vita mix and use it much more than I would a mill, I think.
Fresh Bread sounds good...
ReplyDeleteWe're having a little cooler weather and I noticed how windy it was on my drive back today...I'm with you on the check for taxes, hang on to it as long as you can...
Have you noticed how the price of fuel is effecting the price of everything else. Of course it is.
Have a blessed Easter weekend,
Mama Bear
Melanie, you're a PARAGON OF PRODUCTIVITY! You're my idol ;D
ReplyDeleteLOVE the flannel blanky. Blue is my "happy color". How do you make them? Is it just two pieces of flannel, back to back, or is there a secret? It looks so very snuggly and cozy.
Resurrection day tomorrow!
Julie
You get a gold star for sure! Grinding flour for bread. I can taste it now!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got those taxes behind you. Now you can relax!
Blessings for a wonderful Easter tomorrow!
I love this post. Miss you guys! I really love that last pic of a boy with his cows. (-:
ReplyDelete