...Poems and hymns of praise at Wholesome Words...
You ask me why I love the Lord.
Well, friend, just let me say
Life was not worth living
'Till the Saviour came my way.
You say I lose so much in life.
Yes, friend, PRAISE GOD, I do.
I lose the sin and sorrow
Which was all I ever knew.
I lose the days spent seeking joy,
The long nights full of tears;
I lose the heavy burdens,
Which I carried through the years.
But friend, I would not have them back
For all that you could pay.
My life was not worth living
'Till the Saviour came my way.
--Author unknown
I am come that they might have life,
and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:10b
And this one is perfect for today as I purpose to seek God's peace...
O Christ, in Thee My Soul Hath Found
| O Christ, in Thee my soul hath found And found in Thee alone, The peace, the joy I sought so long, The bliss till now unknown. I sighed for rest and happiness, I yearned for them, not Thee; But while I passed my Saviour by, His love laid hold of me. Now none but Christ can satisfy, None other name for me; There's love, and life, and lasting joy, Lord Jesus, found in Thee. --Author unknown |
(Copied from the back of the title page of James Gilmour of Mongolia: his diaries, letters, and reports / edited by Richard Lovett. 1893 ed.)
O LORD our Lord,
how excellent is Thy Name in all the earth!
Psalm 8:9
I will bless the LORD at all times:
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Psalm 34:1
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete...such love constrains me, to answer His call...
ReplyDelete(Chisholm)
I am compelled to follow!
Yes, Amber ~ Praise the Lord he did not let me go!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! John 10:10 is one of my favorite verses.
ReplyDeleteAlso thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Were you not able to comment for a while? I think blogger might have been a little wonky because I tried to get on earlier today and it wasn't loading right. Looks like all is fixed now though!