Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Thursday, September 2, 2010

answers to prayer

O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: 
make known his deeds among the people.
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore. 
Psalm 105:1-4

  • God has provided plane tickets for Tim & Kate to fly from Des Moines to Chicago to meet the Wisconsin team and travel on together to Prague. (with thanks to my mom & dad for sharing their mileage)
  • Today's best news is that the Czech Bibles have arrived in Hamburg and will soon be trucked to Prague, Lord willing.
  • Mrs. Rettig has given me a list of easy things that will be a blessing to bring to them.
  • I "chatted" online with Kathleen O. at United.com about our baggage handling questions ~ with great answers that should help Tim & Kate's luggage to make the transfer quickly to a different airline in Chicago!  whew.
  • I love my local bank (and its lovely faces who know my name inside or outside of the bank ~ and are SO helpful!)
  • We haven't (ahem, I haven't) way-overused our Verizon minutes in August (like I did in July) ~ even after a 43 min phone call today from a friend.  Huge WHEW.  ...I could even call Iowa Telecom on my Verizon phone about when they might be thinking about trenching our landline in...

But I digress. 
God is Good!

5 comments:

  1. rejoicing with you!!!!! :) even about the used up minutes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I did call IA Telecom, I asked for an email addy for the person I needed to talk to ;-)

    I keep thinking, Who else can I call before the end of the month for our minutes (tomorrow)?? I am a total hog of our shared minutes! ;-)

    And, this afternoon, Tim & Kate both got their new good-for-walking-all-day shoes for Prague! Yay! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely God honoring blog. I have bookmarked your site and will keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing all of the goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and I would love to come to Iowa and help get you organized. My baby brother and his family live in Des Moines and he is just as much of an "organizational freck" as me. Guess it runs in our family. :o) I love your "something to ponder" on your blog side bar. So powerful! A very enriching blog! Blessings abundant to you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!