Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Monday, March 29, 2010

100 things I might have done.. maybe

The things I’ve done are in GREEN. Those which I have not are in black ...or maybe brown since I'm having fits with formatting tonight. I’d love to see your answers, too, so if you do this, copy/paste on your blog and leave a comment so I can see what you have done!




I HAVE…

1. Started my own blog ~ suppose they put this one in here as a Gimme?

2. Slept under the stars... long, long ago


3. Played in a band


4. Visited Hawaii

5.Watched a meteor shower



7. Been to Disneyland (and Disney World before Epcot?)

8. Climbed a mountain ~ well, that's what we called it anyway - We were in the highlands of Colorado and found a side road to Bonanza that we had to travel... So fun. And we found a 'public' spot that my kids and Tim could finish the hike UP the mountain... I was expecting the Popper, so I guarded the van ;-)


9. Held a praying mantis ~ not sure, but I think I only looked at it

10. Sung a solo ~ as part of a duet, which was long ago and the congregation must have appreciated a "joyful noise" =)


11. Bungee jumped ~ Are you kidding?! I threw myself out a haymow at least once... who needs a bungee. And I'd rather ride a zip line, thank you.

12. Visited Paris


13. Watched lightning at sea


14. Taught myself an art from scratch ~ not sure how to apply this one? Bread-baking?


15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning ~ pretty sure it was ~ lost 5# in one day when about 4wks pg with the Computer Geek :p I go very easy on cheese cake now, especially on top of a steak dinner

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

18. Grown my own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train ~ not in a private room if that's what this means? Got pretty cozy with a very full train on my last trip about 20 years ago to/from Washington state (20 years ago?! Yikes, my brother's been married a while!    Huummm, I guess I've been married most of that while too...)

21. Had a pillow fight


22. Hitchhiked

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill ~ that was my thought anyway, but I was quite sick within 24 hours...

24. Built a snow fort ~  I grew up in Iowa  =)

25. Held a lamb? ~ not newborn tho' ~ ask me about beating sheep off my toddler...


27. Run a Marathon ~ some of these are so funny


28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse ~ in Brandon, Manitoba in 1978 ~ my only trip into Canada and for that express purpose ~ one of my brothers is an astronomy nut =)

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset ~ can you imagine not?

31. Hit a home run ~ ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

32. Been on a cruise ~ meaning in a ship I suppose? (not a car up/down main street, usa?)


33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors ~ I'm thinking this would mean Norway or Denmark, nope.

35. Seen an Amish community ~ in Wisconsin, not Pennsylvania ~ not sure this really counts

36. Taught myself a new language ~ not by myself! 1 year college French and 6 weeks in France, and I was beginning to almost think in French... almost

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied


38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person


39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David ~ it's in the Louvre, right?  But you know that it's not supposed to be the biblical David, right?  It's just a physically perfect man who doesn't exist.  Little lesson in humanism for you.
{edit:  Conny tells me it's not in the Louvre; therefore, no, I've only seen it via media.  Lesson remains valid.  ;-)  Tell me why blogger won't let me change it from green...}


41. Sung karaoke


42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt


43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant


44. Visited Africa


45. Walked on a beach by moonlight


46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had my portrait painted ~ charcoal sketch on a Paris street, does that count? I paid him!


48. Gone deep sea fishing


49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris


51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling


53. Played in the mud ~ what child doesn't do that?

54. Gone to a drive-in


55. Been in a movie


56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business


58. Taken a martial arts class


59. Visited Russia


60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies


62.Gone whale watching

63. Got flowers for no reason


64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma


65. Gone sky diving


66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check


68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy ~ for a while anyway, most are gone now...

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial


71. Eaten caviar

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square ~ don't think so, but I did go shopping at Macy's, that I remember =)


74. Toured the Everglades


75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London ~ haven't been to London, but I would say the French at the Arc de Triomphe are p.a.t.h.e.t.i.c. compared to the USMC at Arlington! =)

77. Broken a bone ~ January 1976 as my parents were flying out of state for several days.  But as I wrote to my mom, "It's not broken; it's just a slight fracture."  Aha...  vocabulary lesson.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book ~ I'm thinking my 3-ring cookbook doesn't count, right? ;-)

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car ~ my beloved 1986 Chevy Nova (that looked like a Toyota) with something like 2.9% interest from GMAC.  Within months I hit a dog and seriously mashed the hood, etc.  Looked like I'd hit a deer.  So sad.  :-(


83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had my picture in the newspaper

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating ~ that would be my husband's territory ~ I cook it.

88. Had chickenpox


89. Saved someone’s life


90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous ~ can't think of anyone... besides my children =)


92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one

94. Had a baby


95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake ~ got wet but I wouldn't call it swimming ~ very shallow and very thick

97. Been involved in a law suit ~ testified in a child custody case :-(

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee


100. Ridden an elephant


Sorry to those who cut/paste - I added a lot of commentary for you to delete.
And there might be one or two more that should be green, but I plead the 5th...This is still America.  =)
By the way, I got this meme from Conny, who got it from Kari...

{edit:  After some sleep and thought, I've deleted a few items that were bugging me...  I should learn to think first, then post}

3 comments:

  1. That was Fun! I really enjoyed reading your entry ~ I cut and pasted it to my blog! Hope you're week has started off well! Blessings, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh fun - you joined in! :) I love the commentary ... :)
    BTW, David is at the Academy Gallery in Florence (ITALY!) ... not the Louvre. You probably saw Venus de Milo and plenty of other "neked" statues....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun to read. I'll post my own.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!