Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Sunday, September 27, 2009

salsa!






We like salsa. A lot of salsa. So this is Batch #2 from Thursday. Yesterday's Batch #3 brought us up to ~86 pints of salsa to enjoy over the next 12 months :-) I haven't yet figured out where I'm going to PUT all this extra salsa... maybe under someone's bed??
Today I've cooked up the tomatoes leftover from this week's canning. I think they'll either go in the freezer, or we'll have chili or tomato soup this week. A cold front is supposed to be rolling in this evening, so soup is sounding like a great choice. And I was just at Laura C.'s blog and saw a recipe for 'healthier' homemade corndogs -- and corndog muffins that will be super easy and appealing to some kids I know. (HeavenlyHomemakers.com for those who want to know)
I don't think I've ever served tomato soup here -- I wonder how that will go over?! Great with my non-chili-bean-lovin' boys, I think. If we didn't have leftovers in the frig that Tim will be expecting for supper, I'd make the soup tonight ;-) (I'm not even sure if HE likes tomato soup?! seems like something I should know after all these years, don't ya think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from y'all!