Another week flown by!
The Littles and I enjoyed a little "summer" last week (library visit, biking, playing) -- along with a little math and botany and cattle chores :-) The Bigs were in Wisc for a few days for a teen conference - Tim even went for a day to observe first-hand. Good, all very good.
Saturday we had 'no place to go!' woohoo! and good since the Bigs arrived home ~5:45am and were very short on sleep! Later Tim and the able crew tackled the business of butchering Tom Turkey... one BIG bird. I think we had the meat cooked and in the freezer by 10pm.
Sunday sermons have been SO good this summer - Pastor and his "non-series mini-series" on how to live in this present world =) And Sunday school with Christlike Leadership (servant leadership => slave leadership!) All very, very good!
Tim brought a volleyball net home from his mom's, so it's volleyball season at our house (um, yard) Also a 'new' dresser for the Cattleman to use for all his duds. So I spent many hours rearranging and cleaning to make the basement liveable again with the additional furniture -- yeah! but oh my, we have TOO much stuff in this house! :o ...and yes, chaos is discouraging and depressing! A grumpy mama :( is not good.
The Littles had some more 'summer' fun with a trip to the zoo today with friends. Tonight the Bigs are having yet another biology lesson with the last? dissection from their lab kit - a fetal pig. I videoed some of it -- not sure yet if I should post it here ;-) They started outside to keep the stink out there -- but had to move into the sunroom now that it's dark -- still slicing and dicing out there...
Sorry, no pictures to liven this up tonight :-) Maybe the Cowgirl with digital camera will have a zoo photo to share with me later - that would be more appealing than the dissection? And I did NOT take pictures of before/after in the basement! ;-) You'll have to use your imagination.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from y'all!