Quick update as recorded on my camera.
July 7: Kate & the City Slicker’s dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn bread muffins, zucchini Mexicali, and melon…
I made zucchini almond cake for dessert…
And a big batch of granola.
Eggs. So many empty shells every day!
July 9-10: Tim made good use of a rented skid steer for a couple days {16 hours of running use}
Fine tuning lawn and ditch area
Let’s see if I can find a Before picture…
Cleaning up on April 11:
Filling in ‘floor’ of shed with sand
Adding more dirt so we can landscape this side of the house
A view of the new strawberry patch {and melons, etc}
The Cowgirl and City Slicker got into wild parsnip while weeding at the Berry Patch. {sad face}
July 11: I made ciabatta for panini. Yum.
The Popper made cole slaw…
On Sunday we baked the cherry pie!!!
July 13-17 was Vacation Bible School. Kate, Abby, & City Slicker taught the 2-3yo class. Daniel & the Cowgirl helped with 4-6th grade. The Cattleman and the Popper helped with the PreK-Kdg class. And I worked with registration and snacks {of course}.
Tues, July 14:
I determined to accomplish something at home as well – haha. So I finished these book bags {three on right} to send to our missionaries in Brazil. {Done is a wonderful place to be.}
While my frosting crew decorated the cookies for Wednesday’s VBS snack…
{and listened to Elisabeth Elliot via YouTube give advice for a Peaceful Home}
The Cattleman found a few beans in his garden…
And Kate baked a cheese cake for Thursday’s celebration. Then cleaned the oven after it spilled…
Wednesday morning…
Thursday, July 16 was the City Slicker’s HALF-Birthday ~
Dinner included chicken alfredo, Caesar salad, watermelon, and cookie dough cheese cake.
Eventually she opened 18 1/2 gifts. wowsa. <o.o>
Friday, it was time to bake bread I think (?) and THIS is what I found. With no more Real Salt in the pantry. Terrible.
Saturday: Work day at home! Abby worked on planting cone flowers. The Cowgirl gave each of the dogs a bath. {the feverish Popper napped in the living room}
Supper: grilled pizza!
Wow. That was only twelve days? More July to come…
I love the busy hub-bub of your home ... life on the farm. (In reality, it would probably kill me to participate it in it all as I'm used to my quiet city life ... but it just LOOKS so fun - and lovely - especially that sun rise? on Wednesday). :)
ReplyDeleteAlways enjoy your pics. :)
Oh gosh, is that wild parsnip what you got into last summer? Sounds miserable! But All The Delicious Food on your blog... I tell ya, I can't read you when I'm hungry!
ReplyDeleteJulie