How to ever catch up on this blog?? I will begin with a basic daybook as usual – and hope to fill in some gaps sooner than later…
{A throwback photo from Bev – Scandinavian Days in 1968. My mom, sister and I are on the far left. The local festival began in 1965, so we both celebrated our 50th this year!}
For today… Monday, June 15, 2015
Outside my window... light rain today {again} so the grass (& weed mix) is green, green, green – with yellow mustard and white clover. The Cattleman’s garden is missing him.
Hearing... washer sloshing; toaster oven convention fan
Pondering... where I could put this bookshelf that is for sale on a swap. It’s red. It’s a bookshelf. How can I resist when I am first in line??

Praying...
for Jill and her family – her dad will likely pass on to his heavenly home soon.
for Denise as she begins another tougher regimen of chemo treatments this week.
for another family in distress – what can we do to help??
for our kids overseas {more in another post if I can get it done}
for our kids at home – plus one. We have a bonus daughter for the summer – brought her home from college along with Abby the end of May {She suggested I nickname her CitySlicker for the blog}.
Thankful... so far no avian flu in my family’s turkey flocks. Stressful times to be sure.
Creating... still working on that ideal summer routine. ha!
Going... to get something done this week beyond laundry and cooking from two different menus. o.O {Beginning with this blog post – Priorities! ha ha}
Reading... Yeah, that. I am still hoping to work through a pile of non-fiction books that I ought to read. {Honestly, I gave in and picked up a couple novels from library – one of which I’ve read previously. Duh, but I started it anyway… so must finish so that I can enjoy the happy ending. Sigh. And while I would normally sit and read a whole book in 24hours, I have been hard-pressed to read a chapter or two in one sitting.}
For my Bible reading, I am in the gospel of John.
Looking forward to... our missing (traveling) kiddos coming through the door again – next week.
In the kitchen... I can smell the tea cake baking. Yum. Cinnamon must be like butter; it seems to make everything better. This morning I made what turned into a triple batch of elderberry syrup {cinnamon plus cloves and ginger!}
On tonight’s menu: creamy chicken enchiladas. I have cooked chicken in the fridge, and I am on a serious campaign to clear out the accumulated leftovers and planned-overs and run-overs… On that note, I have two boxes of spinach calling for use in a smoothie – to serve before or with supper hopefully. {I wonder how it would go over if I stirred some into the enchilada filling?}
In the learning rooms... I ordered books and DVDs for next year last week! And I still have loose ends to tie up from this past year…
Around the house... outside are potted geraniums used at cemetery for Memorial Day that I have yet to re-pot into their permanent summer homes – waiting for combination of dry weather and time. Inside I still have this lovely bouquet a friend delivered ten days ago… {Love me some blue delphinium—as my local florist knows!}
The Mother Load... Clean refrigerators. Prep deep freeze for beef arriving home tomorrow! Make muffin mix, peanut butter, jam, power food chocolate and caveman cookies. Restock wheat berries and honey. Haul remainder of Purge Piles! (old sewing machine and computers are GONE – yes.) Mending. Sewing – both book bags and clothes for Popper still await (we DID get a pair of culottes turned out for the Cowgirl before she left town, and Abby started sewing a book bag… until she ran out of bobbin thread. And the CitySlicker and I had an afternoon of mending a couple weeks ago. – So there, take that, To Do List! ha ha)
Noticing that... weird, stupid diets make me g.r.u.m.p.y. Or something like that.
Something fun to share... Free shipping today at Tropical Traditions {good source for coconut oil among other things}
But this. This still makes me laugh. {My phone’s memory is very small, so my texts in between had disappeared by Wednesday that same week… making these two from Tim look related…}
Okay, well Abby and I thought it was hilarious. Whatever. Ba hahahaha. Ahem.
A favorite quote for today...
When things happen which dismay, we ought to look to God, remembering that He is not taken by surprise nor can His purposes be thwarted.
Elisabeth Elliot (12/21/1926 – 6/15/2015)
One of my favorite things... pink peonies {from a friend’s yard}
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Tues – Sunny weather in forecast so girls should have berry picking work to do. Diamond Bright (the cow) comes home again in white paper to our freezer; dinner out at Hickory Park! Wed – Ames for groceries etc – and that fun, red shelf maybe?! church in the evening. Thurs – two girls have volunteer time at local equestrian therapy. Friday night – double-header church softball for my guys. Saturday – niece’s wedding {and hopefully wheat berry shopping while we are in DesMoines}
A peek into my world...
So far, two of four kittens have moved on to new homes! {one of these plus her black-haired brother remain – Conny?? ;-) }
And a little kitchen graffiti from Miss CitySlicker…
~.~.~.~.~
Giving credit where credit is due:
While I am not linking up with anyone, you could read more weekly news posts at other blogs by following any of these links:
- Peggy at the Simple Woman’s Daybook
- Julie for adapting this daybook version as her own ‘Grasshopper Days’ ~ Perhaps I could call it the GHV Daybook. :)
- You can also find a similar weekly meme in Happy Homemaker Monday at Sandra’s
~.~.~.~.~
Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,
that thou fulfil it. Colossians 4:17
awwwwwwwwwww, we have "promised" our kids/girls a KITTEN (since Ella stayed in Missouri ... considering she DIED! there) ... So, yeh, I WISH could take a kitty off your hands!!!! >^..^<
ReplyDeleteNice catching up with you all. Lots of lovely, bakey-yummy, animal-and-garden things going on around there, as usual!
Good to see you back with lots of news! I've been without a computer for a few days and am just trying to get caught up. Whew!
ReplyDeleteJulie