No pictures right now. And definitely nothing profound to say.
Tim & I drove Daniel out to North Carolina for his first year of college. His classes began a week ago. He seems to be loving it for the most part. Especially the days he gets to the dining hall in time for breakfast or has time to sit down there for lunch instead of grabbing a carry-out to eat after 2pm. [His Mondays and Fridays begin with class at 7am and he goes solid for 7 hours with five classes, chapel, and chorale practice… Crazy?! Wednesdays are about the same except he doesn’t have chorale.]
We made the trip out there in two days. The trip home in one day. :o Something like 16 hours of driving. 1200 miles? 30 minutes or less with Jodi in Indianapolis. Crazy.
Today we are home again from taking Kate & Abby up to Wisconsin to their college just yesterday. They begin their first 2-week block of classes after Labor Day.
It was SO lovely and green at Tim’s mom’s house. And at least 10 degrees cooler. {sigh} Heat advisory continues here until tomorrow night…
But I am thankful to be home again. Time for a quick nap before I make supper… for five of us. The new normal with half of our kids in college. Crazy.
Well okay. One picture that Abby sent me while shopping earlier this week…
Afterthought as I see the date posted: It’s the 21st anniversary of Tim & my engagement! Think he’ll remember??
awwww, happy day of engagement!!!! <3 I was thinking mine and Dan's is coming up too ... it was definitely in September 1992 ... but can't remember the DAY! :( Oh dear.
ReplyDeleteI love the quote. And can I get that in poster size??! LOL
Well, hope things will settle into a routine again soon - wow, "half your kids" in college. For me that would mean 1 1/2 kids ... LOL ... Ok, I get it, that's not exactly what you meant!!!
Anyhoo...good to hear from you (glad you got to see Jodi for a few minutes!). :)
What a big year for you all! How exciting to be able to launch your kids, with confidence that the Lord is with them, and they're abiding in Him.
ReplyDelete"Only" three at home... welcome to my world ;D
LOVE the sign.
Julie