
May 17, 1814, Norway adopted its own constitution and became independent from Sweden.
Our local celebration is called Scandinavian Days {held in early June}, but that’s just because we Iowegians are so tolerant ;-)
I don’t know any of these pretty girls, but aren’t their bunads nice?

My mom made little costumes for my sister and me {long, long ago} that look more like this:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~
No parades here today. Tim is busy planting soybeans {they finished with corn yesterday – yay!} Kate & Abby are still recovering from Wednesday’s surgeries. The younger kids took a swim in the creek this morning ~ so I had the joy of removing a leech from the Cattleman foot. :p I’ve lost count of the ticks we’ve flushed this spring. Life on the farm, eh?
I just love the traditional costumes of Europe (especially the Northern countries) ... LOVELY!
ReplyDeleteEwww, ticks! and LEECHES (even worse) - did you do a good "blood letting" while you were at it?!! LOL
We've been raking leaves that probably needed to be raked 6 months ago - and not only do I have blisters but I've developed a huge fear of ticks (they are said to be "bad" this year around here) ....
Swimming in the creek just two weeks after the snow - gotta love it! (But not the ticks and leeches.. EWW!)
ReplyDeleteKerry and I missed the breakfast today at the Sons of Norway Hall, but we'll make the next one :D
Julie
Hi Melanie~ just been browsing your blog and had such a pleasant visit. Hope the girls are recovered well from surgery and the weather is staying "normal." We live very near the "Norwegian" town of Poulsbo, WA. God bless you. You are a blessing.
ReplyDelete