Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Saturday, April 13, 2013

saturday sunshine

 

 

At least at this moment (11:30am), the sun is shining!  While the rain has been most welcome, some warmer temperatures would be great too.  I’m so thankful Tim was able to seed the hay ground – and plant peas, etc. in the garden – before the rains came this week.

While I was out this week, I noticed the columbine plants in front of the house are actually GREEN and growing!  Yay, spring!

Today’s window of nicer weather will not go unused.  Tim and the Cattleman are headed out to plant the trees and raspberries that arrived this week.  Plus some asparagus that they picked up this morning …b/c Tim thought I liked it – ha ha – good joke.  I’d suggested we plant some years ago b/c I thought he liked it, but he’d said No, thank you.  [Isn’t that a hoot, Mom?!]  If it survives, we’ll be eating it …and/or selling it.

They also purchased some additional fencing supplies just for the orchard which resides in the midst of the cow’s pasture.  [color me HaPpY!]  Sooo, hopefully we can keep the cattle out of it this year – and not have to replant trees again next year.  ;-)

The Cowgirl and the Popper continue their efforts at purging their collection of STUFF in their room.  They all but emptied the room yesterday while they vac-ed and mopped the floor.  Now they are sorting through their boxes to keep what they love –and give way or throw away the rest.  Time-consuming {and not helpful in accomplishing school work}, but worthy – and hopefully it will help them think twice about saving  every little scrap of ‘treasure.’  :D

The Computer Geek {aka Daniel} is busy with the ACT today.  Abby & I will pick him up in a couple hours.  After we run a few errands… so we should have been on our way to Ames before now!

2 comments:

I would love to hear from y'all!