Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Monday, October 8, 2012

daybook 10/8/2012


FOR TODAY

Monday, October 8, 2012

Columbus Day in the USA

Thanksgiving Day in Canada

 

Outside my window...

Sunshine, bare trees, brown and gold trees, and a bit of green grass

Tim started the outdoor wood stove last week ~ the weather has changed!

 

I am thinking...

busy, busy day(s)

Maybe we should watch an old Columbus movie via netflix tonight anyway?

 

I am thankful …

for children who love to laugh together

 

I am praying for...

… Taylor, who is home and weary after round 5 of chemo – surgery is next IF there’s any tumor left?

… Stef’s dad, who had surgery for a brain tumor on Oct. 2

… job prospects for Conny’s hubby Dan – and healing for his broken leg/dislocated ankle – ouch!

…. Michelle, with a long list of life’s stressors in the midst of the physical pain of RA as the weather changes

…Kate, in week six of college ~ still surviving and learning!

 

From the learning rooms...

I meant to have Miss Artist & the Computer Geek present orally their current events reports for government class – interesting reading for me at least!  I highly recommend World magazine.



From the kitchen...

leftovers: turkey pot pie/biscuits, beef roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, praline sweet potatoes, carrot cake, pancakes

menu options:  potato or broccoli soup, turkey enchiladas, chili, maid-rites

 

I am creating...

a winter oasis in the basement for the gerbera daisies and dahlias

{and soon I shall rediscover my sewing machine(s)!}

 

I am going...

to take Miss Artist to the orthodontist again today {expander} along with piano lessons and grocery shopping.  We can do it!

to buy a new printer/copier/scanner… one of these fine days.  The old one is still in a brain freeze since I changed the ink cartridge.  It can print and scan because the computer tells it to, but it can’t make a copy b/c it’s “busy” trying to align/whatever.

 

I am reading...

weekly writing assignments

the Stockman Grass Farmer

Genesis, Proverbs, John, Ephesians

{I did finish the Darlene Deibler Rose book the other week – so good! and so timely to read “we do not sorrow as those who have no hope” as many friends endure the loss of loved ones… and anticipate a joyful reunion in glory someday.}

 

I am hoping...

to stay on top of my lurking headache – and keep the pile of ironing at a doable level

 

I am hearing...

not much – time to get busy!

 

Around the house...

the Cattleman has reheated pancakes for breakfast, others are still reading, laundry is waiting to wash, apple tree seedlings look happy in a sunny window

 

One of my favorite things...

organic apples by the case from Azure Standard ~ hoping to order some this month!

 

Pondering these words...

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 2:13

 

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Ames today, no harp lesson tomorrow, quarterly business meeting, attending/helping with a wedding, hayride for the teens

 

Here is a picture for thought...

73

 

Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord,

that thou fulfil it.

Colossians 4:17

~ Find more Daybooks at Peggy's ~

3 comments:

  1. I love the photo of 'the girls' - beautiful!

    What exactly is Columbus Day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo of you all... and the girls do look so very much alike!

    PLEASE post recipe for your praline sweet potatoes :D

    Julie G

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Felicity, Columbus Day commemorates the first landing of Christopher Columbus in the New World, leading - eventually - to us being here :D He was searching for a westward route from Europe to the Orient and was convinced, to his dying day, that he had found it... not realizing the existence of North and South America.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!