Captured by Sarah Photography ~ August 29, 2012

Thursday, November 17, 2011

days of thanks week 3

 

In light of the Seemingly Endless To Do List and the fact that my brain is a bit bleary {and the fact that I’ve been invited out of the house for an overnight date with my hubby tomorrow}, this will be the rapid fire {or hit & miss} bullet edition of Days of Thanks…

I thank God for…

  • My grandma who I know prayed for me through my crazy high school and college years of nonsense and worse.  {She’s been in the presence of our Lord for more than 15 years now.}  Her physical birthday was last week ~ the same day as my spiritual birthday! 
  • God’s faithfulness and abundance of blessings.  The truth of Scripture.  The liberty of living in the USA. 
  • Two friends who have been telling me about essential oils.  I am looking forward to learning more first hand.
  • Many friends who plan to join us for Thanksgiving Day.
  • The prompt arrival of the Azure Standard truck tonight ~ and the other hands who unloaded it before I arrived {not so promptly}.
  • Safety driving lately ~ we had a deer cross our path on Monday, and have seen others too. 
  • Alicia, our flexible and sweet and hospitable piano teacher, who gave the kids their lessons on short notice yesterday.
  • Brenda, a helpful friend I ran into at Staples tonight when I was shopping for paper for Kate’s project.  {24# bond is the same as 60# offset, or something like that}
  • Kate, who is stripping yet another turkey tonight ~ happily.  : )  Tomorrow I will enlist the youngers to help prepare some of the Azure apples for sauce.  I think they will be happy to help make such a treat ~ and eat it too!
  • My folks, who picked up the much bigger second turkey for me yesterday on their way home from the airport.
  • Enough cash in my purse to get what I needed at Sam’s Club tonight, including a bag of pecans.  Which my husband will enjoy in a pie next week hopefully.  {and maybe he will even share with me!}
  • My mother-in-law and family ~ I’m thankful that Tim’s brother is able to be with her tonight as we enter another time of figuring out how best to care for her as she approaches the 90 year mile marker.

 

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.  Hebrews 13:6

 

image

Our God is good!  Link up with Conny here!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your wonderful over-nighter with your husband!! Have lots of fun and relax :-)

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked you up ... I guess I'm behind on my TO DO list too - ha!!
    So, enjoy your overnighter :) and Happy Thanksgiving prep & apple sauce making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do hope that you and Hubby's getaway is enjoyable and refreshing. Always good to get a way.

    Love your thankful list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What else do you want to know about oils? You are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading your list....
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. TWO turkeys! How many are you having for Thanksgiving?!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from y'all!