Oh dear, here we go again... I haven't posted a real house update since May 25 :o And thankfully that means I have a LOT to show you!
Bonus? I just realized how OLD this photo is -- no drywall! Lots of clean-up still going on though...
Here are four of my able-bodied helpers unloading fencing on Friday 6/4 ~ the fifth was the photographer. And the sixth was already helping his dad with painting.
And here are a couple of beauties modeling the lastest fashion in head-coverings (from a scrap box) ;-) ... ready to join the paint crew!
Tim putting on primer with sprayer and following with the roller...
Everyone helped!
On Saturday 6/5 we started with the real paint. The boys decided on green for their room...
The main color is a tannish stuff called Travertine Trail, like that means anything...
And yes, that's the woman who said she was not going to do any painting... ahem.
Here's our dear Kayleb preparing to lay tile in the master bath (Fri 6/4). He came back Thursday night (6/3) and was able to stay until mid-Monday...
My girls think this tool would be great for stirring up a BIG batch of pancake batter :-)
Beautiful?! Yes!
And the second bath...
Bead board plywood for the ceiling of the front stoop...
which Miss Artist primed on Friday, June 4th ...and learned how difficult oil-based paint is to remove.
Tim installed the real front door Sunday night on our way home from church :-)
Monday he put in the boys' bedroom door and stained it...
When the boys weren't helping inside, they were often out hunting thistles... the Cattleman wanted to show us this tall one he found.
On Tuesday he dug a hole for the mailbox post...
On Monday, the older girls and I went shopping (again) and chose more paint colors. The Cowgirl and the Popper long ago chose this bright blue for their room. They also want a green floor and a painted mural near the window of Jersey cow grazing =)
Lowe's or Diamond Vogel... pick one ~ it's been my home away from home for the past week.
This is what happens when I check the computer and forget I'm supposed to be baking bread (ie, today)...
But it actually turned out wonderfully... maybe I should do that more often?
oh - exciting!! I love this progress! I love seeing the finishing touches - the paint colors (excellent choices) and the doors and all that ... GOOD WORK, EVERYONE - and that means YOU too, Melanie! :)
ReplyDelete--exciting pictures!! I bet everyone is so excited to decorate their rooms and all that; wonderful!
ReplyDeleteOoooh its coming along! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteWow! Lots of progress! Love the blue and green :D
ReplyDeleteJulie