Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1:17
House siding, light fixtures, T-Tapp, or butterhorns?
No, but I might throw in some chocolates :-)
One of my favorite things this year has to be this book:
Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy
And I have another copy to give to one of you!
To enter this giveaway, please …
- Leave a comment with one thing you are thankful to God for ~ either a Top Ten item, or one of those ‘little things.’
For additional entries, please …
- Click on the book to go to the Revive Our Hearts website… Listen to a podcast, read a transcript, or find one of her 30-day Challenges AND leave another comment here sharing something from what you heard or read :-) ((Sounds like homework, yes? Okay, this will count for TWO entries)) P.S. ~ I highly recommend her series from January 2007 on “Priorities” ~ Set a timer for 10-15 min, and bookmark it to finish later! (It’s called “First Things First”)
- Blog about this giveaway and link to this post. Leave another comment with a link to your post.
- Leave another comment telling me which chocolate goody you are most eager to sample from our kitchen.
Hmmm, I guess we need a deadline for entries:
11:59:59pm (CST) on Monday, December 27, 2010
(or 12:00am on Tuesday, Dec. 28)
(I believe that’s 8am Tuesday in Pretoria and maybe 5:30pm Tuesday in Adelaide)
Lord willing, I will post a winner next Tuesday, and ship the package before 1/1/2011!
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
I hope you’re becoming more alert to the many reasons you have to be grateful. I remember hearing a friend tell how, while brushing his teeth and meditating on one of the verses in today’s reading (Ephesians 5:20), he was struck by the word “everything.” He was reminded of the importance of thanking God for even those “little things” that we often overlook. It made him pause and be thankful for, well … his toothbrush. And his toothpaste. And, while he was at it, he thanked God for his teeth, for probably the first time in his life…
~ Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Growing in Gratitude
Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Ephesians 5:19-20
ooooooooooooooh, this is better than siding, in the light of eternity anyway ... ;)
ReplyDeleteok, today, i'm thankful for Christmas break, celebrating the birth of jesus - all while enjoying my precious family, which is my earthly gift from Him ...
and I'm thankful for my baby girl EVEN THOUGH she has destroyed my shift-key so I can't capitalize letters on my laptop consistently! :)
I'll be back for MORE chances to win - when I have some time to check out the website.
I am thankful for books. :)
ReplyDeleteAmy @ Missional Mama
Great giveaway! I am so thankful for my 4 healthy happy children.
ReplyDeleteI would love to try the turtles! I still need to find some time to make your caramels and turtles!
ReplyDeleteHello Melanie~ This sounds like a great giveaway. I'm so glad I stopped by. I am grateful for...are you ready?...for washing the dishes. For some reason, standing at the sink begins or continues conversation with my Father. I always have the best prayer time at that sink. I love the smell of the lemon or lavender or whatever soap I am using and the feeling of warm water. All those dishes stacked up sparkling clean and the clean counters...it all makes me so happy and I am thankful for that. I was in El Salvador this summer and the way they wash dishes is to "dip" out of a cement basin and splash them with cold water. I did not enjoy this and it was a lot of work.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thankful for your kind visit to The Santos Times. Your comment made me laugh. Have a great day.
Hmmm....so many things to be thankful for .. . Jesus, a rich Advent season my with children, an AMAZING Hottie Hubby, my espresso machine so that I no longer go to Starbucks, real life friends, real bloggy buddies (like you), having a daughter who is protected by her three brothers, an ample milk supply, giveaways!, 9 good years with our dog, heat, a VitaMix, worn Bibles, a church where the Word of God is taught, snow, chocolate . . . how is that?
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you had us hop over to her website! I love those challenges -- for your husband, praying for your pastors wife, choosing gratitude and THEN they will send you a little email each day. I think I am going to have to do the gratitude one first!!! Thanks! (Oh, I am also thankful that I get you in my inbox now!). Sorry for the typo--I hit the mouse on my keyboard with my shirt sleeve and it switched my words around!
ReplyDeleteI'm not choosy about chocolate. I just like it plain and simple. I will take anything. Maybe chocolate fudge or chocolate covered cherries . . . something rich and slightly gooey.
ReplyDeleteI am thankful that bad news makes us realize what is truly important, and what we are truly thankful for. And, of course, I am thankful for good friends (in real life and in blog life!).
ReplyDeleteI blogged about your giveaway!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.granolamom4god.com/2010/12/merry-christmas-and-happy-new-year.html
Merry Christmas to you too!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a Christ filled Christmas.
Please count me in for your drawing!
Christmas Blessings~
Carrie
Found you through Granola Mom for God.
ReplyDeleteI am grateful for God's long suffering and His grace. Both in my own life and in those who have not placed their faith in Him.
Don't know this book so whether or not I get a copy I will definitely be checking it out.
As for chocolate, it's all good in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteMegan
so, tonight I had a few quiet moments to check out the website at Revive Our Hearts. WOW - so much to take in ... I read the devotional for today (or was it YESTERDAY?!) about being not just enduring yet another reading of the Christmas story - but being truly thankful for Jesus becoming flesh!! For us. Yes, I'm thankful for that!
ReplyDeleteI also blogged about your giveaway:
ReplyDeletehttp://thehutchhaus.blogspot.com/2010/12/greetings-information.html
I am thankful for a wonderful church family today!
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful for my family. My husband, and each of my children bless, encourage, and teach me in countless ways. God has been gracious!
ReplyDeleteI would very much like to sample the turtles -- love chocolate, love pecans, love caramel... and the combo has to be wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI have heard good things about this Bible study, and I enjoyed going over to the website and doing some "browsing." I did settle in and followed your recommendation to review the "First Things First" transcripts. What a blessing... I'm not done yet, but it is bookmarked, and I will be anxious to get to "O" (-:
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great giveaway... what a blessing whether you win or not!
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteI'm doing this just in time...
I'm so thankful to be a child of the King! I'm also thankful to Him for my wonderful family!
;-)
I would love to try those chocolate toffee thingies in the picture - the ones with the nuts. I LOVE nuts!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'd also like to try some of your rolls (that's what we call them, can't remember if you do too...)